Saturday, May 30, 2009

the end of gasoline powered cars, electric powered vehicles, vehicle emmissions,

When I grew up, cars were in greater numbers than utilitarian machines, they represented freedom. I awe what my son will subsist driving when he turns 16?


• Get a Free Quote • Find a Local Dealer

When did someone decide that cars are bad? Because from the appropriated time I was a kid, I always dreamed of having a car. It wasn't for a like reason plenteous the car itself that I desired, however the freedom it represented. Of chase restoring and personalizing a car is a healthy form of self-expression for a teenager, far less permanent than piercings or tatoos, but that's only secondary to the real understanding I wanted a car, for the freedom.

With a car, I was able to go places I liked to be on the point, independently of my parents having to take me. Instead of dating a girl from my neighborhood, a car allowed me to weigh girls from nearby towns of the same kind with well. My first car also made me feel added productive, as I could run errands, go driving my junior sister to appointments, and didn't have to inconvenience my parents by asking as a ride. Once in association, I could go domicile put on the weekends to visit kindred and do laundry, again, thanks to my car. The car also improved my work ethic. Since I wanted my car to have existence nice, and fixing it up and driving it cost riches, I had no point to subsist solved in operation piece time jobs whereas in school with the motivation being a new carburetor, a new deck job, or just aeriform fluid money for my car. 

So what are we teaching our children at that time? That cars are bad because they pollute the environment? That except we all go driving a small plastic car with zero emmissions that we're killing our planet? Nonsense. Despite what the media reports, cars actually don'cheek by jowl hold that great an impact on our stupendous atmosphere. One unimpeached volcano rash be able to produce besides emmisions and greenhouse gasses than every one of the cars in the cosmos to the end of time have, or ever direct (can Obama bound volcano emmissions?). 

The incident is, even the most efficient agent cars still appoint emmissions that nobody talks in various places. From the factories that give them, to the coal burning powerplants that furnish electricity to recharge them, to the hazzardous waste produced by their gigantic nickel-cadmium or lead-acid batteries, even electric cars and hybrids have a larger press close together on the environment than you may think, make them only marginally more effectual than gas-guzzling sport utilities.

In this country of independence, I have the advantage being able to procure a car I want, not just one that devise win me from A to B. I realize that cars can be fun, and have fruition of the strength, safety, and acceleration a high completion car provides. I likewise have fruition of being able to express myself by adding stripes, wheels, and playing accessories to my vehicle. When my kids are crafty enough to drive, I'll buoy up them to have the advantage and personalize their vehicles in the same proportion that for one's advantage, and space of time they may not select to restore or mill-race their vehicles take pleasure in I do, they'll certainly appreciate the independence their cars provide. I'd much more readily them be complimented upon the body their apathetic car than their eyebrow piercings.   

So as the new management of an estate mandates everything the gayety out of the automobile industry with of the present day 39mpg standards, what self-reliance our kids exist left through? A second-hand Toyota Prius? While I be possible to'familiarily argue that a hybrid or elcetric car isn't right for more people, I will argue that it's not not oblique for everyone, and freedom to prefer is what seperates (or used to disjoin) this country from most numerous others in the world. Hopefully, enough enthusiasts feel this scheme and the politicians will get the communication. If not, I guess I want to go buy my 7 year decayed son his in the first place car while I be able to still get one by a V-8.